The United States, April 28, 2021: Given that The POZcast is highly revered for interviewing the best and brightest leaders, professionals, entrepreneurs, etc., it should come as no surprise that the host, Adam Posner, recently sat down with Lindsay Kaplan, who is a co-founder of Chief, which is a network of about 2,500 of the leading women executives in business, created to connect and support women in leadership. This was a very powerful episode that was filled with gems all women and leaders can use—some of them, which will be listed below.
Lindsay Kaplan’s Credentials
For those who are wondering why Lindsay is uniquely qualified to speak on this topic, not only has she co-founded her own company to empower women in business, but she was successful well before that. For instance, she also was an early member of the Casper Team as the VP of Communications and Brand. She also has a natural knack for creativity and innovation, which has made her an invaluable asset to virtually every company she has ever been a part of. Her clear vision for the professional advancement of women has served as a beacon of hope for women working on all levels of the business sector.
This Episode’s Heavy Hitters
As mentioned, Lindsay has a network that focuses on motivating and driving women to achieve greatness professionally. As such, her tips and advice are geared towards eliminating barriers and obstacles to success while also strengthening one’s skills and drive to make room for this success. Here is a list of the heavy hitters from this episode:
- How the Pandemic is Negatively Affecting Parents: Lindsay discusses how and why the conditions parents have been forced to operate under during the pandemic are abnormal and should never be normalized. She also delves into how most parents are now struggling in the workplace more than ever.
- The importance of Self Care, Simplified: Lindsay also took the time to discuss the importance of self-care, in general. This is especially true if one is especially stressed, busy, etc. Moreover, she points out that rather than going to expensive spas or salons, sometimes, self-care is a bottle of wine, a bowl of cheerios, and a good long cry in the bathtub.
- The Glass Ceiling Breaker: Lindsay also gave details about how and her team at Chief were able to take on the Glass Ceiling Breaker art piece, which honors Kamala Harris’s achievement in becoming the first female Vice President/ Vice POTUS of color after being abandoned by another organization right before its release.
- Mental Health Matters: Another important talking point was Lindsay’s emphasis on mental health. In particular, she delves into how Chief decided to give their entire organization a routine mental health day, which allowed everyone a chance to unplug and decompress at the same time.
- Being an Inclusive Organization: Chief being an inclusive organization that welcomes men into the fold pushing for the same mission to empower women in the workplace.
Other Notable Talking Points
Lindsay also touches on the following notable talking points on this episode of #thePOZcast:
- Essential Early Life Lessons
- Deciding to leave her 9 to 5
- Early Faith and Success
- Creating a Good Work/Life Balance During a Pandemic
- Strengths to Look for in Women
- And Much More
About The POZcast with Adam Posner
Hosted by Adam Posner, who is the founder and managing director of NHP Talent Group, The POZcast Press is a show in which top experts, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders from the world of business come to impart their unique knowledge to those who are seeking it. Each week, Adam interviews a new guest who provides invaluable insight into various aspects of their own careers and personal growth. The overall goal of the podcast is to help people on all levels of the business realm by inspiring them to harness their inner tenacity in order to propel their lives and careers forward. Those who wish to sponsor, collaborate, or be a guest on The POZcast, should contact him today.